Thank you to those who have already registered for the conference and submitted their contribution. However, it is a sad fact that the epidemic situation does not seem to be favorable in terms of holding a common form of professional conference. Although it can be assumed that the situation will improve with the gradually warmer weather, it is very difficult to plan something like participation in the conference in the medium time term. As in the previous year, we are therefore forced to postpone the conference until September. The 20th Conference on Power System Engineering will therefore take place on September 7 – 9, 2021. We expect a hybrid form of conference for 2021. This means that you can attend the conference either physically or online (see Deadlines and Venue).
The Conference on Power System Engineering, Thermodynamics and Fluid Mechanics has a long-term tradition. It is an annual meeting of professors and experts from departments and universities where power system engineering is taught. The conference is annually organized by the Department of Power System Engineering, which is part of the Faculty of Mechanical Engineering and the University of West Bohemia in Pilsen, Czech Republic.
The conference is traditionally attended by representatives of leading universities and research institutions from the Czech Republic, Slovakia, Germany, Poland, Hungary, Ukraine and Russia. However, the conference has doors open to participants from all countries over the world. English is the conference language.
The social evening with a programme gives the delegates an opportunity to meet their colleagues, share and discuss their experience and results of their research projects in less formal environment. The programme of the conference includes also a student section, in which especially Ph.D. students have an opportunity to present their contributions or posters.
Published articles are indexed by the most important global scientific databases such as Scopus, Web of Science and others.
We look forward to your participation during the 20th Conference on Power System Engineering, which will take place September 7 – 9, 2021 in Pilsen, Czech Republic.
- Classic power plants and their operation. Partial systems of classic power plants (turbines, heat sources, cooling, pumps, etc.).
- Measurement and diagnostics of power machines and equipment, etc.
- Nuclear power plants and their operation. Partial systems of nuclear power plants (turbines, reactors, cooling, pumps, etc.).
- Other energy issues not only in power plants, but also in industry, transport, smart grids and other areas.
- Fluid mechanics and flow simulations, etc.
- Thermodynamics, heat transfer, advanced thermodynamic cycles, etc.
- Aeroelasticity, dynamics, vibration, noise, etc.
- Renewable energy sources, their operation and subsystems. Alternative sources of energy, etc.
- Systems for the implementation of energy savings, low-emission sources and environmental protection from the perspective of power systems, etc.
- Utilization of waste heat and low-potential sources, etc.
- Materials engineering in power systems, etc.